Catalina Lakefront Retreat invites your opinion at this critical time, with a Lake Macquarie City Council meeting scheduled to table this project at their next meeting.
This image shows the profile of the proposed Hangar on the site of the original Western Hangars.
“Scroll mouse over pic to see Hangar image”
Please respond with your opinion
- Vote on the survey below.
- Fill out the inline petition below.
- Or complete both.
Online Petition Form
The crossbar at the top of the pole in this image shows the height of the proposed hanger to be located on the site of the original Western Hangar.
Catalina Lakefront Retreat wish to reaffirm:
- We are in favour of the concept of establishing a Catalina Hangar and Museum at Rathmines
- It is our opinion that this should be a significant and truly representative development to honour the memory of the brave men and women who fought to save our country from occupation in WWII
- However it is also important that the clear space on the forecourt be preserved for the enjoyment of all recreational users, especially large groups at festival times.
- Rathmines Memorial Park Heritage area is the last remaining large open ARENA on the foreshores of the lake
- It is critical that this facility be preserved for FUTURE generations.
- Accordingly we urge council to move ahead with approval for the Hanger on the BELLMAN site where it will not adversely impact the magnificent community facility that has been preserved for the past 70 years.
- And from our own perspective, and that of our many guests including the Disability groups that we are dedicated to serving, we PLEAD that the lake-view from Catalina Lakefront Retreat is not blotted out by an industrial style building.
- Please consider.